Monday 31 May 2010

...longer exposure


My another approach to landscape photography. Long exposure coastal scapes - the only sort of landscape images which draw my attention. I was trying this before a few times as some of you (who know my flickr stream) already know.
I chose Dun Laoghaire. Very nice, diversified coastline and it’s just a few minutes by Dart form my place. Weather this time wasn’t really helpful. Too much sun, lack of clouds and wind is the first thing to avoid in such situation ;) heh...however that was the only time i could get round to it.
Film i usually use for this purpose is an Ilford Pan F Plus. Wonderful contrast and tonality range. Unfortunately i am not really happy with developing process this time. experiments, experiments... ;)

2 comments:

  1. hey Artur i dont know if this stuff is still around.but there was a slow speed developer especially suited to pan f and pull processing called perceptol(ilford) it gave stunning negs with a very fine grain structure as it acted very slowly

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was using perceptol David. however got weird spots and stripes on negative :(
    just wondering if its out of date or so...have to check it.
    i love this developer. my photographs from Modernist Architecture series came out perfectly with it...not this time

    ReplyDelete