Wednesday 26 May 2010

The night at CityArts

On 22 of April I was on assignment at CityArts Gallery, documenting the opening night for ‘Liliquoi Blue - God Made Me a Boy’ by Qasim Riza Shaheen . Qasim is an artist based in Manchester, UK.
Project consists of three video adaptations entitled Father I have sinned I, II and III, and an accompanying publication.
It was very interesting experience due to artist‘s deep personal approach to presented body of work.
At the same time very difficult light condition and need of use digital equipment (quite odd for me... well, it had to happen at some stage) made this night quite challenging, technically speaking ;) ...
Here I’d like to thank David Monahan for all support.

Presented images are just a little part of quite significant series.

2 comments:

  1. woulld love to see the portraits you did as a spin off from this assignment. a link to the complete gallery might be a thing for your readers too!
    well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks david. the one is already on my website ('face to face' section). will show the rest soon...

    ReplyDelete