Monday 13 September 2010

walking through the streets


So called “bad” part of the autumn is here. Time of dark, rainy and very humid days. It may be considered as a depressing but not for me ;)
It's rather inspiring ...
Dublin looks very special and so different in such an aura. It sounds and smell different.
I love city. It’s not only about Dublin but generally. I feel good surrounded by concrete, noise, lights. I know it may sound strange... but that's Me ;)


Such a mood makes me go on the street with my old good Holga 120GN again. This little (sort of), plastic camera with its imperfect or even crappy lens adds something special into images taken with it. They are darker, stronger in a mood way and very soft in perception. These photographs runs the other senses.
I decided to keep it in my bag for at least next few weeks. I couldn’t really find the time lately for documenting streets but this is solution and actually the right time.
I don't need heavy equipment or light meter. All i have to do is watch everything around, soak up the atmosphere of the city and concentrate... then estimate distance (the way of focusing in Holga) and record it.
Beside that i can keep shooting in my favorite square format :)
It is like traveling in time...

4 comments:

  1. Looks like perfect B&W weather. Enjoy. Look forward to your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what it is Markus :) Rainy days really helps to look at everything in different way.
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep it comin Artur the boat pic is very special!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks David.
    i was completely wet that day

    ReplyDelete