Thursday 26 June 2014

Pigeon House..

Following the path described in previous post 'Baths' I would like to show here a few more of my old photographs which are research materials only but still worth a look.
Before my several visits to Dun Laoghaire and Blackrock baths I snicked into completely different structure - Victorian power station also known as a Pigeon House, where electricity strted to be generated in 1903.  
This plant was decommissioned in 1976, when new power station Poolbeg (still known locally as the Pigeon House) was constructed. .
You can have a look at a few more images from that place I posted here straight after my visit about 4 years ago. Here is the LINK 
This place has an amazing potential for everyone who likes exploring and industrial photography. The only limitation is an access ...officially forbidden and what's comes with it - very limited amount of time you can spend there if you manage to get inside.
 

 













No comments:

Post a Comment