Sunday 10 November 2019

Addicted to concrete...

Last weekend I returned to Arts Building once again. This time I got a chance to spend some time in Lecky library. Place I visited for the first time a few weeks ago during Open House, architectural festival. I knew that I wanted to get back there one day and such an opportunity just happened recently. 
Here I just wanted to thank John McManus from TCD library who is also a great photographer (please check John's Instagram here - LINK). It wouldn’t be possible without his help. 

Saturday morning, very few students there so plenty of space for me and my camera ;) This time Fuji GS645w for wider shots and Rolleiflex T for anything else. All loaded with Ilford Delta 400 Pro. I added yellow filter for slightly  better contrast. 
Before shooting I had some time to walk around, scout the place and figure out the best possible shots. Then about 30-40 minutes to go through chosen areas. 
Structure of this building is fascinating. Wonderfully exposed, blended with all bookshelves and beautifully opened to the external part of the campus though broad glazing. 
 
© Artur Sikora
© Artur Sikora
© Artur Sikora
© Artur Sikora 

All three libraries are connected  though underground corridor perfectly illuminated by large rooflight.

© Artur Sikora
And yes… I ended up getting a few quick photographs in Berkeley Library ;) I couldn’t miss this opportunity. Even if I made quite significant documentation of this building already.  

© Artur Sikora
© Artur Sikora

On the way back I repeated below photograph. I made it quickly last year... handheld  with 400 film exposed at 6400. This time slowly, with tripod, without loosing any details.

© Artur Sikora

My name is Artur Sikora and I am addicted to concrete ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment